Requirements for Membership
Why do we do it? Because...........
We currently have a staff of 30 volunteer Firefighters. All of our personnel carry a portable radio with them at all times and are always on call 24 hours a day 365 days a year. No matter the time of day or night, no matter if it's 10 degrees below zero or 110 degrees in the shade, our Firefighters stand ready to come to the aid of you our friends and neighbors of our community. All of our personnel are required to attend and complete initial Firefighter training at the Tennessee Fire and Codes Academy. In addition to the initial training all personnel are required to complete 75 hours of annual training each year.
Note: We are always looking for volunteers. If you think you have what it takes to be a firefighter, please contact us.
Paris Landing Fire Department is a State of Tennessee recognized all Volunteer Fire Department. We are an IRS 501 (c) (3) Nonprofit Corporation. Organized in 1976 by a group of concerned citizens and the Paris Landing Kiwanis Club, we provide 24 hour fire protection for the residents of Northeast Henry County Tennessee. We serve approximately 128 square miles of Northeast Henry County, including all of Buchanan, portions of the Paris, Puryear and Springville zip codes. We also provide coverage to a portion of Stewart County. Population covered varies according to the seasons but is approximately 9000 people.
If this sounds like something you would like to do, come and see us. We meet on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month at Station 01. Stop in for a visit and fill out an application. Or just stop by to chat with our Firefighters. For more information about us you can visit our Facebook page or give us a call at the Station. The number is: 731-644-9360.
We Like to Have Fun Too!
In addition to the required training, the following requirements must be met to be considered for membership:
1. Must be a Tennessee Resident
2. Must reside in Henry County (inside our fire district is preferable)
3. Must possess a valid Tennessee Driver's License
4. Must submit to a criminal background check
5. Must pass a physical examination
6. Must pass a drug screen
7. Must be at least 18 years old.
The pictures below are from a past Firefighter Olympics, which is a friendly contest between local Departments. Skills are tested and everyone has a great time.
Protection is provided by 4 Fire Stations at the following locations:
Station 01 - 15616 Highway 79 N (next door to Paris Landing State Park
Station 02 - 105 Clayton Town Road (next door to Buchanan Post Office)
Station 03 - 4921 E. Antioch Road (next door to the Water Company)
Station 04 - 6919 Highway 79 N (next door to Lakewood School)
Each of our 4 Stations houses:
1- First Run Pumper Truck
1- Pumper Tanker Truck
In addition, Station 01 also houses:
1- Ladder Truck
1- Vehicle Extrication Rescue Truck
1- Brush Truck
Think You have What it Takes?
Here are Some of the Mandatory Requirements:
1. National Incident Management Courses 100, 200, & 700 (8 hours)
2. New Firefighter Orientation Class (16 hours)
3. Rookie Firefighter Level I (64 hours)
4. Rookie Firefighter Level II (52 hours)
5. Rookie Firefighter Level III (Live Burn Weekend at the Tennessee Fire & Codes Academy in Bell Buckle, TN (16 hours)
6. Emergency Vehicle Operations Driving Course (60 hours)
7. Emergency Driving Laws (Vanessa K Free) (4 hours)
8. Hazardous Materials Awareness Course (12 hours)
9. CPR and Basic 1st Aid (8 hours)
10. Domestic Violence Course (4 hours)
11. Sudden Unexplained Infant Death Investigation (4 hours)
In addition to the above listed classes, 72 hours of continuing education are provided annually within our Department